Thursday, August 18, 2011

lazy days of summer...


I am not a big water fan. Well, ocean water, I should say. But, I love the images the beach stirs within me. I love sitting in the sand, with the breeze whipping my hair around,not a care in the world. I love iconic beach umbrellas and beach houses and oars and striped awnings. And I love the sun-drenched hues of white and bleached-out blue. Okay,mostly, I love the colors. Those are my current favorites, and I thought I would share a couple of my latest projects with you...

One way to add instant character to a spot is to take something very plain like this:

Buy a can of this:
Press the little button, and voila! You end up with this:

Once it is all dry, I will add more character by antiquing it. I will show y'all my techniques for that tomorrow! And then, I know the perfect place for this shelf...and it isn't in my home! Which reminds me that I have an exciting announcement...stay tuned for that in the next couple of days. You will be HAPPY, I know!

In the meantime, here are some other pieces that I have recently given a face lift to! Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment